Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Truthful Thursday - March Madness

March Madness only reminds me of my son.  He loved Basketball, both playing and watching.
It also reminded me of him last weekend when the NBA All Star was on ESPN.  When he was living with me, we use to watch some of the games at home but most of the time, he is watching the games with his friends either at a sports bar or one of his friends home.  I remember when his favorite basketball player was Penny Hardaway.  If I remember it correctly I bought him the Penny jersey.  There was a time when he was playing with a team that was included in the Basketball (Filipino) Association in Mississauga.  In fact, when my mother was still alive and was visiting us, she was very happy to see her grandson play and scored some baskets.  It's too bad that my Dad did not live long enough to see his grandson play.  My father was very much a fan of the sports.  He coached a team back when we were growing up and all the players loved him because he spoiled all of them each time they win their games.  The only thing I have to remember when watching my son during one of his games is that I have to be quiet or cheer softly and no arguing with the referees.  When he was 6 or 7 years of age playing ball, he told me that if am not going to behave like the other moms, then I am not allowed to watch his games.  I learned my lesson quickly and did not miss any other games.  So during the March Madness, I will be thinking of my son and cheering for the team that I think he would have routed for.  
Gino practicing before the game 
 Gino as part of the starting line up

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Gino was a HUGE Penny Hardaway fan and when I was watching All Star weekend and saw Penny there, I thought of Gino.

    As for March Madness, I remember Gino and my dad with that bracket for NCAA and they would write in all the teams as they won. But I have no idea what college team Gino would root for. I think I will have to ask my dad.

    ReplyDelete