Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Soulful Sunday - Songs that tells a story

What I love about country songs is the story that it tells and if you really listen to each of the words, it will bring you back to reality and what is really important in life.  When I bought the first CD of Scotty McCreary, I listen to the whole CD while I am driving but was not really paying attention to the words.  One day, I picked the song Dirty Dishes as it was the most interesting song title out of the list.  I chose the video with the lyrics so you can see what I am talking about.


I would rather see all my son's clothes scattered all over the floor than a clean room without him.  I would rather listen to loud music than a very quiet home without him.  I would rather hear doors banging when he leaves and comes home late at night than nothing because he is gone.  I hope that my son forgave me when I would give him a hard time about cleaning his room or leaving the door open at night.  Actually he was an easy going son and I am thankful that I was able to have him live with me for two years before he passed away.

Maybe we can all learn from this song as we go through the different stages of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment