Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Simply Saturday - Hearth of the Fireplace

It thought it would so simple, just get the tiles, cut them, mix the mortar, apply mortar to tile and place them on the spot.  Well, it's not that simple nor it's that easy.  I did not realize how much time it takes to put it all together to ensure that they line up and sit properly.  But I have been patiently waiting to see what actually the result would be.  This is the first photo I have to share for the new hearth.  I know that he still has to fill in the tiny space with grout and then have to seal, clean and shine.  Hopefully this weekend it will be all finished and he will have to start with the tiles around the fireplace and then start building the mantle from scratch.  The problem with these renovations is that Jeff is doing everything and I can't really help because it is not that simple.  Maybe later on when the mantle is built, I could apply the primer paint.
Emperador dark surrounding the beige and an accent of the dark in the middle
Do you have any interest in renovations?  Do you have the skills or experience to do them?  Oops, please do not confuse these questions as part of the 7777 contest.

1 comment:

  1. It definitely took a long time for me as well to do tiles for my living room but the end result is satisfying after our labor fruits are harvested. After that I placed clean carpet on the tiles and the living room immediately looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete