Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Freezing Friday - Ok, maybe just a little

The past couple of weeks have been cold, wet, cloudy and rainy.  In fact it was cold enough to have snow, well not really on the ground but up in the mountains.  Check this out - I took this last Monday and each day I would check to see if it has melted.
It's a bit far bu you can see that white stuff on top of Mt. Hamilton
If my memory is correct, when we use to live in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory our home had a nice bay window.  When it was a beautiful summer day and I would sit on my rocking chair drinking coffee, our view from that bay window is one of the highest mountain and I thought it was Mt. Logan.  It's located in Kluane National Park in the Yukon Territory.  That made me check out on google maps where we use to live.  It took me a while to figure it out because some of the homes have been changed. After my daughter and I did more search, we actually found the house we use to live - Google maps had the addresses all mixed up.
We had a nicer front lawn than this. 
It's amazing how much the trees have grown in 28 years.  Can you imagine shoveling the snow on this driveway?

1 comment:

  1. This is the house I remember. I am glad you got it all sorted out.

    ReplyDelete