Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Maybe Monday - It's still not done

Renovations seems to be a never ending process and one must have the patient to live in a home with a little bit of mess, dust, tools all over the place and sound of power tools.  The only consolation is that when a project is actually completed, you can enjoy the finished product.  It has been almost 3 months since Jeff started the different projects and so far I am very happy with all the changes he has accomplished.  Since he is still working full time, he can only work at these projects on weekends and maybe some weeknights.  Sometimes he needs a little motivation to get started and then he would be on a roll.  The only part that I can help is with the painting and so far he has been happy with the way I paint.  Two more weeks and my daughter and son-in-law will be here and I am hoping he can at least finish the fireplace mantle and tiles around the fireplace.  Jeff has one more weekend left to do complete this project. 
The tiles around the fireplace still has to be placed and the mantle needs another coat of glossy paint.
The great part about Jeff doing all the work is that we really save a lot on labor cost.  While doing this post, I could see from my window the squirrel eating some of the flowers that I planted.  It has been snipping it from the middle of the stem so the top part of the flower box are missing some of the flowers.  I guess this is the reason why I can't get the hang of gardening specially if the squirrels are ruining the plants.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure your fireplace is going to look great once it's all finished. I think it looks great so far :)

    Also, good luck with your flowers & getting that little squirrel to stop messing with them haha.

    ReplyDelete