Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

French Friday - Par le vous francais

zéro, un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf, dix.
That is all the french I could do, count from 0 to 10.  But that's not the only thing I love that is French.  Let me start with their famous Eiffel Tower.  That's right, I have been there, had coffee and a pasty which were very expensive and even took their train from the airport to downtown.
As you know, I don't like heights, so I only saw it from the bottom UP.
Of course what's not to love about French food, they are rich, full of flavor, and yummy.  Maybe they don't have my favorite one in Paris, but it's definitely available in Quebec.  The food I am talking about is POUTINE.
French Fries, Gravy and Cheese Curds
I don't know what it is with the french language that is very romantic and very nice to the ear.  When I first heard about Celine Dion, I heard her singing one of her French Song.  Not understanding the lyrics was not an issue, it was just so touching and I listened to it over and over.  Unfortunately I could not find it on You Tube as it was one of her earlier recordings.

Almost forgot to add a couple of my favorite french desserts.
Creme Brulee

A tray of French pastries - I could not  just show one
 Have a great weekend and look forward to next week's posts and watch out for Question #5.

No comments:

Post a Comment