Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tennis Tueday - Meet up and pure luck

How can I find a group that plays tennis regularly and with a wide variety of levels?  The answer is MEETUP.  This is an online site that my girlfriend told me about when I first arrived here in 2010.  I did not sign up right away because I was playing with the group of senior but was only a substitute.  This year it seems like they have enough players that they did not need me or maybe the weather is a factor or there's not enough players for a doubles match.  This is when I decided to sign up for the Tennis Meet up in San Jose.  I get notices on my email about upcoming games, the address, the times and which members are attending.  So far I have gone twice (Tuesday and Wednesday).  The players are mostly men of different ages and level of playing.  Some are friendly and outgoing, others are just quiet and just want to play.  It's a great work out for me and I was able to play at least 2 sets for the time I was there.  The only thing I don't like is that it starts at 530 pm which means you play under the lights and I am not use to it.  I just wish that there was a group that plays during the day as that is my free time.  Just my luck, Jeff and I were playing at one of the school courts a couple of weekends ago and I happen to meet a retiree named Bob.  He can likes to play in the morning as well but only M-W-F as he attends a class on T and Th.  We have played once last week and it was a great work out for me.  He is a much better player which is perfect for me.
I guess as long as I can get out and play 3 or 4 times per week then that should keep me fit.
Of course, I still have to play as a sub every now and again with the senior group.  This way I can golf in the afternoon at my favorite short course while they still have free replay. 
Wouldn't it be nice to have one in your own backyard??

No comments:

Post a Comment