Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Where Wednesday - Las Vegas Report

It will be almost a week since I got back from my Vegas trip and I almost forgot to report on some of the highlights of my 4 day vacation.  The air fare was a great deal as well as our hotel.  We flew with Southwest and stayed at New York New York.  I was very impressed with the hotel because I had requested for a non smoking 2 queen bed and a small fridge.  They were able to accommodate my request and in addition I ask if they have those needle receptacle (bio-hazard) for my insulin needle.  When we got back after lunch, the fridge and the container was already in our room. We also were able to print our boarding pass in the business centre. The room was comfortable, quiet, clean and the water pressure and shower head was awesome. As for places to eat, we went to a couple in our hotel - America (an all american diner) and Chin Chin (asian cusine) - both were great as far as food and price.  We also tried the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay.  This is the restaurant owned by chef Aaron Sanchez.  The service was wonderful and the food yummy.  While playing the slots at Monte Carlo, we decided to have a little light evening dinner.  I tried their Reuben Sliders and you can see the photo how cute they were.  One evening we decided to see the old strip because I thought I could find a piggy slot machine at Four Queens.  Well, we checked out all the other hotels (Fitzgerald, Fremont, Binions and Four Queens) and no stinking piggy machine found.  We stayed for one of those light shows that everyone was raving about.  We were not impressed so we left as soon as it was over.  We did a little shopping at the Planet Hollywood shops and could not help but stop by Ross.  On this trip we stopped by these hotels:  Cosmopolitan, Mandalay Bay, Excalibur, Imperial Palace and Monte Carlo plus those 4 on Fremont Street downtown.  On this trip we ended up nothing seeing any shows as some are closed early in the week and the ones we wanted to see were a little too expensive.  
Biggest shoe at the Cosmopolitan
A lot of sewing machine - window display at one of the stores
The map of the USA displayed at the restaurant AMERICA (NY NY hotel)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE NY NY! Philip and I stayed at MGM Grand our fist time in Vegas together and we spent most our time in NY NY :) We even ate at that America Diner and loved it. There was just something about that hotel that we liked a lot. I've been to Vegas three times now and have never made it to Freemont Street or seen a show (aside from a vampire one we saw at the Stratesphere one time). Sounds like you had a good time! I miss Vegas and should really go back sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete