Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Maybe Monday - In search for a new Massage Therapist

When you have been spoiled for many years with an amazing and experienced Massage Therapist, it's very hard to trust another one or try to replace her.  Her name is Carolyn.  She has been my therapist for many years.  Even after she took a break to have a family, I still waited for her to start her own business.  When she was working for other clinics, I would just follow her.  It was so great when she started her business because it was easier to book an appointment and it was much more relaxing as there was no such thing as a waiting room filled with other clients.  I truly miss her but now that I have waiting for a year and a half without getting a massage, it's time to find a new one.  I don't think Carolyn can be replaced, but it's a little too expensive to fly back to Canada just to have an hour massage.

Last week I finally decided to stop by this medical building close to our home.  There was no name posted outside the building except the words Chiropractor/Massage Therapist.  I went inside the building looking for the room and found a practice with 2 chiropractor, 1 psychologist and they were sharing the clinic and a couple of massage therapist.  Because it's a smaller practice I thought that it might be good because it will be more personal.  The price per hour is reasonable so I left my name and number for the therapist to contact me to confirm an appoint.  Her name is Ann and she called me right back within an hour and we confirmed a date and time for my session. I am so looking forward to having my hour of relaxation and getting the kinks that's caused by the Sciatica issues that seem to come back.
What are the benefits of having a great Massage Therapist?  Unkinks, Unknots, Destress, but most of all RELAXES the whole body, mind and spirit.  So in case you haven't had one in the last year or 6 months, then you too should find a new MT or book one with your current MT.

Which of the following type of MASSAGE do you prefer?
Swedish
Aromatheraphy
Hot Stone
Deep Tissue
Sports related
Shiatsu
Thai
Reflexology
Back
Facial 

No comments:

Post a Comment