Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Truthful Thursday - It's mean but I am celebrating

What am I celebrating?  In case you have not heard, Serena Williams lost in the 4th round of the Australian open.  She was beaten by Ekatarina Makarova from Russia.  Most players when they lose they always give credit where credit is due.  I believe she is the only player that does not acknowledge the fact that her opponent whoever they might be, actually had better serve or smarter play or winning shot.  Then after the game Serena was interviewed.  It seems to me that her responses to the questions are a little vague or not honest. Another thing that she does that is irritating is the eye rolling.  One of her comment was " her serve was inappropriate or something.  She also added that maybe she should started serving lefty.  I don't really have anymore reason to cheer for her at any of the major tournament.  There are many other female players that have great sportsmanship, nice people skills and politically correct media relations.  She should start taking lessons from Federer, Nadal and Djokovic who are all awesome when it comes to one on one interviews or during media Qs and As.  Now I can watch all the rest of the Australian Open without getting upset.  Good luck to all my favorite tennis player. 

This is how you give a great interview and that is why she is one of the favorite. She is a great athlete, a wonderful personality and one of the beautiful celebrities of the world.

2 comments:

  1. I've always heard those Williams sisters had tempers! I don't really follow tennis so much so I'm not real familiar. I told Leesh this morning on twitter that I thought about you this morning when I saw the tennis results on ESPN this morning at the gym :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't watch tennis, but I like the Cole Haan Maria Sharapova flats ;)

    ReplyDelete