Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Soulful Sunday - He must be missing us too

Almost every Sunday I cannot help but think of my son, Gino.  Sometimes I recall that particular day at the end of June of 2008.  Sometimes I reminisce the times that we hang out with his best friends.  Each Sunday it's always a mixture of emotions that revolves around the fact that my son is gone too soon.  Last Sunday we decided to go for breakfast in the small quaint town of Los Gatos.  The restaurant is called Southern Kitchen where they serve breakfast all day.  There was a bit of wait but eventually got seated. The food is great and there was a lot of choices in their menu.  You are probably wondering where I am going with this.  Check out our receipt and you will know what I mean.

Last Wednesday while window shopping at Macy's, shortly after I entered the door, there was a song that started to play at the store.  The song was Everybody's Changing by Keane.  It's a song that was played on the show One Tree Hill - a show that my son watches with his sister.  My son gave me a keyboard for Christmas (Dec 2007).  At that time I thought it was a bit too much and he should have not spend that money. I think I hurt his feelings without thinking that he only wanted to give me the best.  The keyboard stayed in the box and I actually never opened it until before Christmas of 2010.  While watching a documentary show on Friday night, there was a song by Cold Play that I never heard.  After researching how the song was written, it made me think again of Gino, how he loves music and Cold Play was one of his favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment