Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Simply Monday - The Renovation Begins

Simply take out the old stuff and replace it with the new stuff.  That's how I would explain it.  Today my husband begins the renovations or upgrade projects at home.  The first on the list is the living.  Yesterday we moved out almost everything from  living room.  Since I cannot help him lift the heavy furniture, I did the small items boxing them up and storing them in the guest bedroom.  He then removed the baseboards, then removed the carpet, then the backing or pad of the carpet.  I believe that the next step is cleaning the floor and then placing some type of tar paper for protection and moisture barrier.  Once complete then the beautiful TIGER WOOD floors will be laid.  It sounds easy to describe but I know there's a lot of measuring, remeasuring, cutting, nailing, cleaning, kneeling, lifting, and so on.  The great part about this is that my husband is truly a HANDY MAN.  Prior to my arrival here in August 2010, he had changed all the bedrooms from carpet to wood floors.  In addition to this he also painted all the rooms with a much warm earth tones colors instead of just plain white.  When the recent projects have been completed, I will be post some BEFORE and AFTER photos.  

I wish I could find a photo of the stairs cabinet design that he will do when he takes out the current stair railing.  The design is actually an idea that we saw from the moving THE HOLIDAY.  We were watching it one evening and saw it and fell in love with it.  We had to pause the movie at least 3 times.  Anyway if you have seen this movie, it is the house of Cameron Diaz in LA.  I guess you will have to wait until my husband completes this project.

For now let me show you the Tiger Wood Floors that will be installed in our living room and kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment