Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Soulful Sunday - No time to see Vegas

Each time I have been in Las Vegas I cannot stop but think about my son, Gino.  He wanted to celebrate his 30th birthday with his friends in Las Vegas.  He did not get a chance to do this. When I got married in May 2008, I have asked him to come to Las Vegas with some of his friends.  At one point he was considering attending the wedding with a couple of his friends.  But because of his store that was just in the early stage, he did not want to leave it even for a few days.  Sometimes I wondered if maybe he was hurt because I did not ask him to give me away for the wedding and I chose one of my older friends.  Sometimes I wonder if maybe he was upset that after getting married, he knew that I would be moving to the USA and leaving him again.  Sometimes I wondered if he was upset with the fact that I got divorced and he had to stay with his father instead of with me.  Sometimes I wonder about a lot of things that I should have and shouldn't have done and maybe he would still be with us.  So if he was still around and he was able to celebrate his 30th birthday in Vegas, where would it be.  These are the things that I think he would be doing when in Vegas.

Stay at Planet Hollywood Hotel
Watch Jabbawockeez at the Monte Carlo
Go to some of the clubs that are cool
See one of the circus du soleil - maybe Love (since he loved music)
Eat at some of the fancy restaurants
Play some Poker and Blackjack
 Watch some basketball games in the big screen

Maybe the next time you are in Vegas, you can find a place that will make you think of Gino.  As for me Sunday seems to be the day when I think of him and try to remember the good memories when he was with us.  Here's another song that I found on my MP3 that has some of his favorite songs. 
I am so sorry that my son did not get a chance to celebrate his 30th birthday in Las Vegas or anywhere.  Maybe he did celebrate it somewhere far far away but he just could not invite any of us.

1 comment:

  1. Gino would have loved Vegas. He would have loved the gambling, the nightlife...it's just his place to be. I really wish that he came to your wedding. I think mike and I would have had lots of fun roaming the strip with him. I also think he would have had fun with Dan and Tito (is that the name of Carlos' son?).

    ReplyDelete