Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Truthful Thursday - almost PERFECT

I did say almost perfect because there is no such thing as PERFECT unless we are talking about the score of a test.  So what is almost perfect?  On Tuesday was my almost perfect day because all of my blood glucose test were normal. 105, 100 and 125 (US measurement) or in metric (5.8, 5.5 and 6.9).  The truth is that I have been really trying to get back to normal with my schedule so I can get great results and better control of my Diabetes.  Also on Tuesday I checked the results of all my lab work and I was a little disappointed as everything seems to have gone up.  I will only blame being sick for the past couple of weeks, all the good meals during the holidays and NO exercise of any kind except the walking during the Christmas shopping.  Every now and then I get little discouraged when my test results are not within the range.  But the truth is if I am feeling great able to play tennis and golf and now do JUST DANCE 3 once a day, then I should be giving myself a pat on the back.  Considering my age and all other factors, I think I am doing JUST FINE. 

Yesterday I decided to browse on line to find Diabetic Meal Plan, Total Carbs, Meal Portions, etc.  After half an hour of that, it boils down to what I have been doing all along is the same as most of the information on Diabetes Diet.  It's very simple and all I really have to make sure is that I follow the measurements/portion.  Although I have completed the Carb counting class here, I still find it easier to follow the meal plan that was developed by my Dietitian from Canada.
BREAKFAST
1 Starch, 1 Protein, 1 Fruit, 1 Milk, 1 Fat
LUNCH
2 Starch, 1 Protein, 1 Fruit, 1 Milk, 1 Fat, free veggies
DINNER
2 Starch, 2 Protein, 1 Fruit/Veggies, 1 Milk, 2 Fat, free veggies
SNACK
Only when going LOW (after Blood Glucose Test)

I believe the above meal plan is about 1800 Calories and each meal is between 45-75 gms of Carbs.  The rest is just choosing the right type of food for each group as some have more sugars or carbs, etc.  This meal plan of course is based on the amount of activity and blood test and insulin.  As you can see, it's an almost perfect meal plan in an almost perfect world.

No comments:

Post a Comment