Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Where Wednesday - Going Away

Some of you might say, AGAIN, where are you going now.  If you recall one of my posts about my husband doing some renovation projects in the new year, well the time has come.  He has taken a week off to start the project - carpet in the living room replaced with wood "Tigerwood" floors.  Also included in this first phase of the project, the kitchen floors will be replaced with the same wood flooring as the living room.  During this week of construction, my husband suggested that I go away somewhere.  He is definitely the best hubby ever, right.  I asked him several times if he was sure about this, and he definitely said GO AHEAD.  So where am I going?  It was timely that my girlfriend Katrina has been working a lot of hours and needed a much deserved vacation.  She was able to take 4 days off and asked me if I did not mind doing all the booking.  I love searching for flights/hotels/etc.  Of course I have more time to do all of these to we are booked for 4 days at NYNY (Las Vegas).  That's right, I am going again to the city that never sleeps, except I do sleep and even take naps.  We are hoping to see some shows, a little shopping, a little gambling, and a lot of walking.  There are still so many hotels that I have never checked out even after being there 4 times within 4 years.  As far as the hotels I have stayed my #1 favorite is the Palazzo (it was also complimentary-even better, right).  Here's the list of hotels I've stayed to date:

Palazzo - Best
Monte Carlo - Our Wedding and MIL's practice trip
Mirage - Golf trip with the boys (Jeff's friends)
Caesar's Palace - Childhood friends spontaneous road trip
Bill's Gambling Hall - Worst (one night only)
Sahara - BFF trip
Riviera - what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas trip
New York New York - upcoming trip

How many times have you been to Vegas?  If yes, which is your favorite hotel?  What is you favorite attraction?  What concert did you see?  Do you have a favorite slot machine?

2 comments:

  1. While you're there, check out the Chandelier Bar at the Cosmpolitan Hotel - it's very chic, perfect for girlfriends. Have a "Fire Breathing Dragon" :) I just found out today that I have to be in Vegas(for work) Jan 23 & 24.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to Vegas twice and I definitely want to go back again soon. I have only stayed at Paris and Treasure Island and I wouldn't call either one my favorite. I really want to stay at the Cosmopolitan Hotel.

    My favorite thing was the Jabbawockeez show but you already saw it.

    If you want to eat at my favorite resto in Vegas, go to Koi at Planet Hollywood. It might be too expensive for you. But if you check out the menu and decide you want to splurge, call me and I will tell you what to order.

    ReplyDelete