Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Truthful Thursday - Cinco de Mayo



Cinco De Mayo - a day of celebration for the Mexican community.  If you ask the residents of San Jose, they will say that's it is like their independence day and others say something else. Whatever it is, there is a lot of celebration and some school and business gets a day off.  We were thinking getting together with a couple of Jeff's friend since we have not seen them for a long time.  I guess it's a busy time in the technology world like Amazon and Palm.  Usually we would meet them at a bar somewhere half way between their work location.  Sometimes we just have drinks, other times it's dinner and drinks and maybe shoot some pool.  Of course we cannot miss watching sports which ever one is being shown.  Since hockey and basketball are in their playoffs, both sports will be covered for sure.

I cannot finish this blog without sharing some real truth and nothing but the truth.  When it comes to fashion, I am so glad to have my daughter to consult with any questions I might have that includes what's in and what's out.  When I sent her the photo of my new white jeans, she said it in such a polite way, "you can just wear it there but not here (meaning in Toronto).  The reason for this comment - it's a little cougarish.  What do you think?

In another couple of months, we might not be doing our Monday Volunteer at the senior center because they are cutting the city's budget.  If it does happen, then I am considering applying to volunteer with the San Jose Police Department.  The have a volunteer program and is only asking a commitment of 12 hours per month.  The whole process will take at least 3 to 4 months before a decision is made and this is due to the background check.  Since their budget is also being cut, I am sure that they would really value volunteers as it's without cost.
                                                    

3 comments:

  1. I think that is for younger set not our age...sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me seem like a meanie...but if you like those jeans, you should continue to wear them. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, as long as you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely not a meanie, Leesh. I value your opinion so much on fashion and I know you mean well and that is why I get a lot of compliments for some of my outfits because I chose them with you in my mind, of course except for these jeans!!

    ReplyDelete