Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Soulful Sunday - Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of my fellow blogger, followers and anyone else who is a Mother.
I thought of doing a little tribute to my mother, my mother in law and me because I am a mom.
MY MOTHER - her name is Estrella, her nickname is Star and she loves music.  When she retired, she volunteered her time providing music at several nursing home.  Arts and crafts is another favorite and she volunteered teaching at the senior centre.  I remember her being a strict mom and was always lecturing us about life, etc.  She means well and I guess we learned a lot from her.  She was a mom that we respect, obeyed, and loved.  We have a mother-daughter relationship but I don't think I can say that we have a mother daughter friendship.  I guess because we grew up in a different generation.

MY MOTHER IN LAW - her name is Annette, her nickname is Tootsie and she is the most technologically advanced senior that I have met.  Right from the first time we met, I knew that we would get along really well.  Before moving to San Jose, we use to write snail mail and I love getting her letters and cards as it would be full of stickers ( i love stickers and collect them).  She is caring, thoughtful, easy going, helpful, and has a great sense of humor.  We volunteer together, shop together, go for lunch,  take Spanish class, go to matinees together and of course she bakes the best chocolate chip cookies and Chinese chews.  Ooops, I almost forgot,  she makes the best tasting gravy.  She is my mother-in-law and my friend.

Me as a MOM - my name is Lucia and my nickname is Luckie.  I am in deed very lucky to be a mom of two wonderful kids.  A daughter and a son who were very happy as children, well behaved as teenagers and very cool as adults.  They were so cool that I am allowed to hang out with them and their friends.  There were times that I would get invited for a birthday party or any other party and I am the only older guests ( I was the only parent).  All the friends of my son and daughter calls me by my nickname.  I am very very lucky to be a mom who was respected, obeyed and loved but most of all I am so happy to have that special friendship with them.

M - Memories
O - Optimistic
T - Thoughtful Teacher
H - Helpful
E - Endearing
R - Respected

Happy Day all you Mothers out there :)

1 comment:

  1. I am surprised you didn't write a poem but I like this post. I am glad you think Gino and I are cool adults because you are a pretty cool adult yourself!

    ReplyDelete