Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Maybe Monday - Memorial Day

To all my family, friends and acquaintances in the USA - A very happy memorial day to all.  Since it's an American holiday, I am going to blog about some of the sayings or idioms (that is if you want to call it that) that is funny when I use it and Jeff sometime starts cracking up because of the way I usually says it.  Here are some of them - the correct ones are in (  ).
  • skip and a hop (hop, skip and a jump) 
  • hemmed and hogged (hemmed and hawed)
  • side by each (side by side)
  • left, right, and center (left and right)
  • burning the candles at both ends and in the middle (burning candles are both ends)
  • funny elbow (funny bone)
  • above the top (over the top)
  • hit and miss (hit or miss)
  • part and parcel (not being used as much here)
  • bifurcate to the right or left (veer to the right or left)
I am sure there are other ones that I mix, match and combine and that is what makes it funnier and I should really start writing it down.  Do you have any special sayings or idioms that you want to share?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment