Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Timely Tuesday - Tennis all week - yeah

How much tennis can I watch?  As much as ESPN2 is covering.  I have recorded as far as Friday and each day there's 6 hours of coverage from the French Open.  I just realized that it was a good time to be home since I still have not recovered fully from whatever illness I had.  I am slowly getting more energy each day except yesterday I started sneezing more than normal.  

Tonight is game 5 of the Western Conference Finals and the Sharks will be in Vancouver.  The Canucks are leading the series 3-1.  As they say - this is the do or die situation.  I can't skate so I can't really comment on how hard it is but from watching the last game on Sunday, the Sharks had 5 power play and they did not score any while the Canucks had their first power play of the 2nd period and score at least 3 goals.  So what can the Sharks do in order to win tonight's game?  From someone who does not skate and does not play hockey but watch a lot of games enough to make a few suggestions.  Good luck tonight, Sharks, you can do it.
  • be disciplined in order to stay out of the penalty box
  • be more aggressive specially during your power play
  • play hard, shoot more and protect that goal with your life
OK, I am tired now, need to nap to have enough energy to cheer our San Jose Sharks.  BTW, did you know that although the Sharks is a USA based team, the majority of the players are Canadians and at least 10 players are from Ontario.  The coach - he's Canadian and the GM - he's Canadian.  So technically I am cheering for the right team.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment