Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Truthful Thursday - TO BE or NOT TO BE (a couch potato)

Not that I watch TV all the time, but I wanted to do a post for today and my mind went blank. What can I write that won't be too sad or too serious or to boring.  Well, I know that everyone watches TV at different levels and for different reasons.  I am still contemplating on what format should I be using that will be interesting for you who took the time to read my blog. REASONS for watching TV:
  • while relaxing or unwinding after a hard days work
  • not having a hobby or interest or nothing to do
  • a form of cheap entertainment
  • husband or wife is away for the evening = bored 
  • expand your knowledge and broaden your horizon 
Some people have it all nailed down.  Every night of the week is some show they are following.  Some have it all recorded by weeks and breezes through commercials.  Others even have some sort of pool on who will be the only Survivor.  And then there are some who are so glued to their show, you cannot talk to them, they don't take phone calls, or do not go out the night that they have their favorite show.
 
The truth for me about being a couch potato or not.  I would like to think that I am not.  There's not that many shows that I follow but Jeff records some for me and the rest are his favorites.  Of course, when there is a tennis majors (Australian, French, Wimbledon and US Open) event, which is usually a two week process, I used to watch it live and would stay up late at night or try to wake up in the wee hours of the morning (time difference) to watch the matches. But lucky me, now Jeff records them all and I would watch it in half that time due to the skip button to advance and miss the commercials.

What about all the other sports? Yes, I watch a lot of them and I wish that Jeff's TV has the picture on picture.  Which sports, you would ask.   Golf, Hockey, Tennis, Basketball,  Football (still in the learning process) and Baseball.


Now for my favorite shows in no particular order.  Most of these shows we watch after recording which means, I still go out for dinner or drinks or movies or anything because of the wonderful technology called DVR.   
  • Big Bang Theory
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Minute to Win it
  • Ellen Degeneres Show
  • S#*! My Dad Says
  • Harry's Law
  • Brothers and Sisters
  • Better with you
Let us not forget that I am still a kid at heart and watch children shows.  Of course this is when Jeff puts his foot down.  This does not get recorded.  But some of this shows really makes me happy and my mind relaxes for a short time - NO BRAINER time. 
  • Curious George
  • Backyardigans
  • Penguins of Madagascar
The final dilemma. Since our 46" Samsung HD/DLP started to lose the HDMI signals, we are contemplating on what will be our next TV.  Would it be a 60" Samsung 3D HD LED LCD or 50" LG HD Plasma or any other brand somewhere in between.  Any suggestion that would look great hanging over the fireplace?

1 comment:

  1. The only show I watch that you watch is Grey's Anatomy.

    Don't get a Samsung...remember my TV and G's...maybe swtich brands. Our Panasonic TV you bought us is pretty good. There must be another brand that is offering a 3D LED tv.

    ReplyDelete