Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Fulfilled Friday - What a life!

Some of you might have asked me at one time or another the question - Are you bored yet?
My answer has been the same - NO. Let me give you an example of how my day goes.  I will pick yesterday, Thursday.  I got up at 645 am, had breakfast with Jeff at home, drove to work with him, we use the carpool lane and I take the car to play tennis with the senior guys. I get to the tennis court and one of the player is already there. We warm up for about 15 minutes and the other two player arrives.  They warm up a bit and we start our games. My first partner is Brian and we won the first set. My second partner is Bill and we won the second set.  My last partner is Tony and we won the third set.  I think you are getting the picture.  It does not matter who I am partnered with,  my team wins.  I have to admit that I have been practicing with Jeff the past weekend and therefore my game had improved.  It felt good after two and a half hours of playing because I was making winning shots and I was going for every shot.  The guys complimented my backhand shots and other shots that they thought I would not get, but returned a winning shot. So it was an enjoyable morning even though there was no reward.  The big prize was that I did a fun exercise for 2.5 hrs.  
So what happened after a work out - I get hungry.  But first I need to change outfit so I can go for lunch.  I decided to use the TARGET restroom to change and freshen up.  I was thinking of going for Sushi and since I was alone, I went to the one where they have Sushi in a boat and it goes around the sushi bar. 

After lunch, I decided to join my golf buddies to at Sunken Garden for a 9 hole practice golf.  One of my tennis partner who also golfs, ask me to join them, so I did.  Our tee time was at 130 pm.  The weather was warm, sunny, very little breeze - it was a perfect day for golf.  Two men and two ladies was our foursome.  At the end of 9 hole, we all sat at their outdoor patio and had a drink, while sharing stories.  They invited me again to golf next week and I will be clearing my schedule so I could join them.  

I checked my watch and it was now time to return to pick up Jeff.  While waiting in the parking lot, his co-worker noticed I was sitting the car and came over to chat.  He was very jealous of the fact that I have had a full fun day and wished he was retired like me.  I mentioned to him sometimes I feel guilty about enjoying these fun activities.  He told me that I should not feel guilty because I deserve it and I did the right thing - retire early. 

So you see, I had a very fulfilling day and I can't help it, this is a great life, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment