Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Truthful Thursday - Disappointment and Delight

Disappointment defined as saddening situation, a letdown. 
A long time ago when I was experiencing a lot of disappointments in life, I learned how not to expect too much and how not to get too excited easily. There was a bit emotional training and eventually I was able to handle disappointments without getting too upset or sad.  It worked for a while until a couple years ago when a saddening situation occurred and I am experiencing some of the same anxiety. Some of these feelings and emotions are still very strong and I have read that they are normal after a loss so I do understand. But lately it’s the silly disappointments that are causing this anxiety to initiate the pain of the loss, that stabbing pain right in your heart, then the sadness begins. I guess that is why I am sharing this thought today.
Delight means happiness.
Although I have an issue to take charge off, this does not mean that I am not experiencing DELIGHT. The happiness in my life surmount the every now and again disappointments. Jeff tells me that “it does not take much to make me happy”. If you remember reading an earlier post about my happy list, they were small and simple.  So here’s more of my happy list: surprise bunny sightings, making a long putt, listening to a favorite song from the past, reminiscing stories with friends, completing a new project.
The photo below has added a bit of happiness every time I come home. Jeff's mom gave me the bunny and I decided to put it in our front door.  
It is amazing how such a small and simple thing can bring so much happiness. 
 

1 comment: