Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Truthful Thursday - Happy or Sad

Do you promise to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?
Do you remember the line “YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH”?
Telling the truth, sharing how you truly feel and actually handling truth is something that some people have difficulty with. So I thought of posting some questions that were given to me during a grief session that I attended last year. Maybe some of these questions might help some readers who have experienced the same loss:

What is the most important thing that I learned from this loss?
How have relationships with friends and family change since my loss?
What frightens me about this experience? 
Is there anything I need to let go?
How have my priorities changed because of this loss?
What is the hardest part of my grief? 
Do I let others know how I really feel? 

After losing my son in 2008, these questions are still lingering in the back of my mind.
Can I stop wondering why? 
Will I ever find an answer? 
Does the pain really go away with time?  
Lately I have been asked this simple question. Are you happy? My answer - I am very happy. But is it strange that sometimes I feel guilty about it. What makes me happy?

Blue sky and sunny days  
Receiving snail mail
Getting phone calls from family and friends  
Jeff working from home
Blood sugar between 80-100 mg.      
Good hair day
Tennis and golf           
Surprise of any kind just not scary ones
Holidays and Vacations  
My happy songs

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I too felt guilty when I had happy moments. I still do sometimes but now I also feel bad when I feel guilt. I know -- so confusing.
    I hope you continue to add to your happy list ! :)

    ReplyDelete