Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Fearful Friday - What is wrong with this photo?

Last Monday on my way home from my volunteer, I had to stop by Sears to pick up Jeff’s pocket watch that needed repairs. While I am sitting on this particular corner, there are two left turn lanes and I am on the farthest left and another car is on my right, actually there are more cars behind us who are all turning left. All of a sudden this van comes along and thought he would turn left when he found out he was on the wrong lane and that the left turn arrow is actually red light. There were cars honking but the van just sat there to wait for the lights. He could have just continued straight and turn left at the next light, but NO, he just did not move. That is when I decided to take my phone and take the photo.  Now imagine the left turn lights have turned green but for the other traffic that is coming from my left and right. The van decided to back up because he was going to be hit by the cars making a left and soon after the cars coming from my right trying to cross the intersection without hitting this van.  As soon as our left turn arrow turned green, he now makes his turn so slowly and just stopped after crossing the intersection.  
Don't think the driver was fearful at all, but I was so glad that after all that waiting he was able to make that very unsafe left turn and was not plowed by other cars. For those of you who have not been in San Jose, they have a lot of these signs on their streets. 
This sign is just for U turn so you can go to a tiny strip mall without having to go all the way to the next set of lights and make a U-turn. When I am on the road and making a regular left turn, if there are at least 5 or more cars, most of the time only one is making a left turn, the rest of the cars are making a U-turn. OK, I think I have too much time on my hands, better start some of my 2011 projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment