Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Timely Tuesday - Sleepless nights - What's that?

How long does it usually take for you to fall asleep? Do you do something prior to actually falling asleep? What really works – reading, milk and cookies or watching TV? Lately, I have been spending way too much time in bed and not falling asleep. I lay awake in the dark with my mind just wondering about too many things that are not important.  I seem to recall telling people that when it’s time for bed, I would only be awake for maybe 10 to 15 minutes and I’ll be in deep sleep.  Sometimes I would listen to some music and I cannot even remember listening to the end of the song.  Jeff gave me a nick name of PON (princess of nap).  He thought that was a good name for someone who can just take a nap just like that.
·        waiting at the doctor’s office,
·        waiting for Alysia at the train station parking lot,
·        sitting at my desk after lunch,
·        at the airport waiting for my next flight
·         
These were the good times when I make use of time for my power nap by being patient and taking advantage of some quiet moments and getting caught up with sleep. When I use to travel for work, I would start storing sleep a few days prior to a long trip. This way I know I will be all rested.  My colleagues thought I was crazy but it actually works for me. So this "not falling asleep issue" is something new for 2011. Speaking of 2011, did you notice today's date. 1/11/11 - if you are into numerology, (1) means LEADERSHIP. But if you add them it equals 5 and it means CHANGE and if you add the 2 from year then it equals 7 which means INTELLIGENCE. Therefore my final analogy is that those of you intelligent leaders, today is your time to make a change. As for me, I will definitely have to make some sleeping overhaul tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, you can fall asleep anywhere but I have a feeling now that it takes you a while to fall asleep because you don't have the active social life you use to have. You were always on the go and never home. Now you are a homebody. You normally have more energy than I do and you twenty-something years older than me. Oops, did I just disclose your age?

    I normally watch TV before going to bed or read blogs or play games on my iPhone. If I really need to fall asleep quickly, I read. But lately these days, I fall asleep when the room is dark.

    ReplyDelete