Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Timely Tuesday - Favorite Things

How do you pick your favorite perfume? Do you read the poll on a magazine on what's the latest scent? Would you spend some time at the perfume section of a store and sniff some or all until you find the best one?  As for me, I use to sniff the little sampler on a page of a magazine and if I actually like it, I will wait until they have some sort of bonus for the particular line of perfume, then buy it. As I get older, I would just pick a new scent every now and then but only get the smallest size. But a couple of years ago, my girlfriend from Ottawa was visiting and as soon as I hugged her, I got just a tiny hint of her perfume and I immediately ask her what she had on. At first I thought that what's nice on her skin might not be the same for me. That's what I have read regarding different reaction of scent on every one's skin. Since I didn't really have anymore favorites at the time, I thought that if I see it and can afford it, that I will buy it.  So far I have bought the perfume a couple of times and then I couldn't find it anywhere.  Until last week, I was out shopping with Jeff's mom and there it was inside the display cabinet at Ross Dress for Less.  Only one left, I thought it must be my lucky day and it was meant for me. Of course I bought it.
Timing is very important when it comes to getting a good deal on something that you would like to have but do not want to pay an arm and a leg for it.  Sometimes you might have to wait for a few days because you know that the will be having a sale.  But what if you were window shopping and you found something you like but someone already has it in their hand. Do you wait just in case that shopper changes their mind and put it back in the rack?  Do you just re check the rack just in case you miss it the first time?  Do you just forget about it and leave?
Well, I guess it was another lucky day for me last Thursday because I found this Purple purse that I kinda like but it must be meant for me because it was on sale this time. 

1 comment:

  1. What happen to your expensive purse? Are you sick of it already?

    ReplyDelete