Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What Wednesday - Library chore


In case you are wondering what I do when I volunteer with my MIL at the library, here's some of our duties and stories.  We go once a week for a couple of hours which is not really a lot of time from your day.  We can still do lunch, maybe get some groceries or do a bit of window shopping.  It's going to be almost a year since we started and next month we are having another book sale which was what got as started.  Just to explain that we volunteer for the Friends of the Library, although part of the library, we report to two wonderful ladies who are also volunteers.  Upon arrival at the library we get our ID tags and immediately start working on sorting the books that have been donated by people, stores, or organizations.  There is really nor right or wrong in the sorting but they ask they you at least place it in the shelves that you think is the closest to the type of books.  Then there's a small corner in the library called the Nook where we keep re stocking with newer arrivals.  People who look through these end up buying books that they like for a very minimal fee.  Sometimes I have to clean up and organize both our room and the nook.  I love arranging the books by colors within each category as well as arranging the book displays.  My MIL is such great partner at the library because she just goes along with what I want to do or fix.  We get the job done is a short time and feel such pride in keeping the room tidy and organized.  Next month we will have another Book Sale and of course we will be working the day prior to the sale.  The day we volunteer at the library is also my day with my MIL and we have a fun day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment