Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Mindful Monday - Age of technology

Remember those days when we did not have cell phones or email?  Maybe some of you cannot relate to it but I am sure most of my older friends can.  I believe there's only a couple of my friends that still use snail mail.  Now a days, even if they have a cell phone, text messages or other social media are the way to communicate.  Sometimes it's very difficult for me to know how to interpret some of these messages on text or email because you cannot see their facial expression or hear the tone of their voice.

But what I do know is that it does not matter what you are using to connect or reconnect with your family and friends, you still have to be MINDFUL of what you say or how you say it.  I believe there are just certain things that deserves a personal touch, like actually picking up the phone or if possible, meeting in person.
 
I mentioned to my daughter that I was considering joining Twitter in the new year but after reading all the rules and regulations, etc. I decided that I am not ready yetOne of Jeff's relative was asking us during our Thanksgiving dinner if anyone would join Twitter.  She actually thought that I would be the one to do it because I have a blog.  Some of our friends and some relatives have asked me also to join Facebook.  Because I have a choice, I think I would prefer to join Twitter than Facebook.  
 
When the time comes and I have the nerve to try Twitter, here are some of the people that I will be interested in following:
  • Rickie Fowler - Golf 
  • Roger Federer - Tennis
  • Train - Bay area band
  • Sharks - if they ever return to Hockey
  • Jim Parsons - Sheldon of the Big Bang Theory
  • Blake Shelton - Country Artist
  • Tom Brady - NFL New England Patriots
  • Hugh Jackman - Actor
  • Caroline (Beth Behrs) - Two Broke Girls 
  • Ellen Degeneres -        
 
How many types of social media do you follow or use?  Do you have a favorite that you spend most of your time onWhich one will you never join or use?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment