Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Madness Monday - It's all about Football

How was your weekend? This is not my normal weekend because I don't regularly watch so much football, but this week, I did.  The games were all so exciting and the scores were so very close and even some with OT.  While watching I would read on my computer the Beginner's Guide to Footbal which helped me get a better understanding of the game.  The sad part about the weekend is that I did not get anything done.  The good part is that I was able to watch the Patriots live on TV instead of the recorded version because I end up not doing my volunteer.

For yesterday's game day I made a very hearthy chili with kidney and pinto beans as well as corn (it makes me think of my son when I make chili with corn as it was his favorite).  I used some diced tomatoes with green chilies that gave some additional flavor. My MIL and Jeff does not really like mushrooms, but I diced them to almost nothing and added it to the chili.  We bought two loaves of fresh sourdough bread to accompany the chili and had enough for everyone and some left overs for my MIL to take home.

After three and half hours of me sitting at the edge of the couch, my team the New England Patriots wins the game.  The greatest part of watching the two games on Sunday is that I actually knew what was happening and paid attention to the play and listened to the referee's announcement.  By golly I think I've got it.  All the best and good luck PATRIOTS.



Patriots vs. Texans - 1/13/2013




No comments:

Post a Comment