Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wrap Up Wednesday - Lorna's visit

The alarm went off at 400 am on Sunday morning and so Jeff and I got up and got ready to take my friend Lorna to SFO airport.  She was going home and her visit ended.  I guess you were wondering why I did not have a post for the weekend.  Well, it was because I was busy entertaining and spending time with Lorna.  We were celebrating our 15th year of friendship.
She got in very late on Wednesday and like me she was a bit congested, she was coughing and sniffling.  That's when I knew that it would be OK to feel the same because I don't have to worry about passing it to her.  We got up the next day and had breakfast together and then got ready to shop.  I took her to some of my favorite stores and she was happy to some great deals.  On Thursday night we watch Melissa Manchester perform at the Montalvo Arts theatre.  It was a very good evening with her singing all her greatest hits.  It was very cozy and personal as it was a smaller venue.  The next day, Friday, we did not start our day until almost noon but it was another beautiful day and we found ourselves shopping again.  While at the Oakridge mall we stopped at the snack shop and I introduced her to the ROTI bun which was a delicious soft bread with a crunchy top that was not overly sweet.  For lunch I took her to Sushi Boat and it was another great meal.  In the evening we had dinner at home and then we met Jeff's friend at a club in Los Gatos.  The band that I thought was PST ended up not playing as their drummer quit, so the replacement band was Touch and Go.  They played top 40 dance music.  We had a great time and it was another late night.  On Saturday after breakfast we left to pick up my MIL as she was going with us to Monterrey and Carmel.
The weather was beautiful and it was perfect time to be outdoors.  Our lunch was at the Lalla Grill at the Delmonte Shopping Plaza in Monterrey.  I loved this place and I ordered the same dish.
Oyster wrapped with sirloin steak and bacon served with arugula salad
Lorna and I shared this grilled polenta with wild mushroom sauce
Shrimp nacho with salsa and avocado
We were able to sit outdoors as the weather was so sunny and warm.  Check out the decor.
Notice the fireplace behind up.
This was taken at the Del Monte Shopping Plaza
We definitely had a great time together celebrating our friendship even if we were both under the weather and couldn't really do a lot of energetic activities.  It was sure nice for her to visit us in our CPBB.  Now she will have an idea when I talk about my activities here and maybe someday she will come back to visit and take her husband with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment