Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Flowery Friday - new arrangements

Remember the flowers my MIL brings me every Sunday?  I usually have them in one big vase and a couple days later I split them into 4 different arrangements.  It's my other passion - being a florist.  There was a time when I first arrived here that I stopped by a couple of flower shop asking if I could volunteer and the response is that they don't use volunteers.  That is why I just do most of my arranging at home using the flowers that I get or the ones I purchase every now and then.
Arrangement on our coffee table.
Arrangement in our living room side table.
Arrangement on our dining room table.
Arrangement on my Gino corner.
With two bouquet of assorted flowers, I was able to make 4 different arrangements.  I love having fresh flowers at home, it makes it so homey and alive.  In a way I am thankful that either Jeff or I have any type of allergies as it would be really sad not to be able to have fresh flowers every now and then.

Do you have a favorite flower?  Do you know the meaning of the colors of each flower? One of my favorite flower is Gerbera daisies.  This type of daisy represents cheerfulness.  It also represents innocence, purity and classic beauty.  I guess I got it right when I picked the arrangement for my wedding.
This was my wedding bouquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment