Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Soulful Sunday - Happy Thanksgiving to all

Happy thanksgiving day to all my Canadian family and friends.  For some their celebration will be their dinner tonight, others might do it tomorrow as an early dinner as they have Monday off.  Even though I now reside in the USA and will have to celebrate our thanksgiving in November, I still like to celebrate my Canadian thanksgiving.  We will have a small get together with my family (Jeff, MIL, cousin Jo and Becky).  Instead of turkey, we will be having a roast beef dinner with all the trimmings.

This is one of my son's favorite holiday because it involves STUFFING.  He loves making it and also enjoys helping out with any other cooking.  It's a little difficult to celebrate thanksgiving since he's been gone.  I am torn about what it is that I have to thank for because I still don't understand why.  I hope that wherever my son is,  I truly hope that he is happy.  This is the 4th thanksgiving day without him and it's still hard to believe that he is gone.

On another note, if it's true that when someone dies, they go somewhere that is peaceful, then I am sure my son is doing his happy dance when he finally meets Steve Jobs.  My son was so excited when the first iphone was released that he drove from Ontario, Canada to Chicago, IL.  If he was still alive, I am sure he would have all the latest Apple Products.  I hope that the media truly respects the family's wish in their time of grief.  May they find peace and comfort knowing that there's a lot of people in the world that are grieving with them.

                                                        

1 comment:

  1. You are right, whenever I think of Thanksgiving, I always think of Gino and stuffing. Gino could probably just have stuffing for Thanksgiving dinner and be happy.

    ReplyDelete