Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Truthful Thursday - Happy Birthday to my favorite sister

Before I forget, I would like to wish my favorite sister,  A very happy, happy birthday.  May your day be filled with surprises and happy moments.  Your gifts will be a belated one, they will all be waiting for you when you get here.

Last night before picking up my best friend Lorna at the airport, I started sniffling and my throat is hurting a bit.  It's good that my other best friend Rose ad my daughter sent me some packages of Fisherman's Friend in a variety of flavors.  It seems like it's the only thing that keeps my throat from hurting and eventually make my cold go away.  I hope that this is just a little sniffles and not turn into some sort of flu.  I have made a lot of plans to make Lorna's visit fun, exciting and interesting.
Yesterday I got to play tennis and golf again.  The weather was beautiful, sunny blue skies and just a slight breeze to keep me cool.  After golf, I was able to stop and shop a little.  Then I remembered I also need to get some groceries.  I had some extra minutes before picking up Jeff at his workplace, so I made a couple of calls to my friends in Canada.  It was great to catch up on our stories and I sure miss them.

I found this photo of Gamble and me taken in 2007,
We have missed a couple of our weekends with Gamble.  The last time he was not able to come because he had a fever, then the week after he was with his other grandparents, this week I am spending time with Lorna and then next week he is going with his parent to Halloween party.  I guess we won't see him until Halloween night when he does his round.  I can't hardly wait to see his costume but I think it will be a little scary for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment