Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Maybe Monday - Maybe a new volunteer

There's only two more Mondays left for my volunteer at the Senior Center.  Since there is a new company taking over the Nutrition Program, we are not sure if we will be asked to continue with our same shift or they won't need volunteers at all.  If you remember from one of my post sometime in July, I finally got a call from the SJPD regarding my application in their volunteer program.  My interview will be this week and it's a pass/fail.  There is no test, just a personal interview.  The process takes at least 14 weeks to do all the background check.  I have chosen three options with regards to the type of work I would be doing.  Fingerprinting, administrative or Tour Guide.  The commitment is for a minimum of 12 hours per month.  I would have to make sure that I only volunteer once a week so I will still be able to golf and play tennis. Although if the Senior Center still needs us, I would have two volunteer days because my MIL and her neighbor would need me to drive them.  It's a day I hang out with my MIL.  Two days of volunteer, two days of tennis and golf, one day of housekeeping, weekends with Jeff.  And who says retired life is boring, wrong!!! 

One of my best friend asked about TGIF and then she realized that that phrase does not apply to me because EVERY DAY IS A FRIDAY for me.  Has anyone read this book?

No comments:

Post a Comment