Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Timely Tuesday - Short and Sweet

Yesterday I mentioned that I will be posting about the 3 course meal that I made for our guests for their first night or should I say only one night stay.  I guess it's kinda short and sweet. While watching one of those cooking show, I saw something that was very interesting combination.  Date, goat and marscapone cheese, basil and proscutto equals our appetizer.  We stopped by a different grocery store called Fresh and Easy.  I picked up a nice pork cutlets and a Raspberry Chipotle Marinade - this was our main dish.  Instead of the wild rice I was thinking of making, I made Pancit Canton (noodle dish with chicken and veggies).  I also made a salad.  There are so many choices for dessert as my MIL gave me some zucchini bread, Chinese chews, chocolate chip cookies and I still have more cupcakes.  To accompany these variety of sweets,  Jeff bought some different flavor of Haggen Daz ice cream (Creme Brule, White chocolate raspberry truffle, Amaretto Almond Crunch, Banana split and Mint Chip).  I am sorry that I can only show a couple of photos because I forgot to take them as we started eating as soon as the food was ready.
Date filled with goat cheese and wrapped in proschutto
Simple salad
Mini Banana muffins with Kahlua
Roses from my MIL - Happy Thanksgiving (Canada)
Autumn M&M and Candy Corn also from my MIL
Unfortunately my friends will be leaving this afternoon for their rest of California trip.  It was really nice having them even if it was only one day and night.  I was able to take a couple of hours with Raff to show her my favorite stores (Ross and Kohl's). 

No comments:

Post a Comment