Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Truthful Thursday - A year ago today

Can you believe that it has been a year since I have moved here in San Jose, California?  You are probably wondering if I miss the winter season. No, nope, not, negative.  Do I miss Canada? Of course.  My daughter and son-in-law still lives there.  My long time friends both retired and still in the work force.  Many have asked me if I have adjusted to the weather and to being retired.  How difficult is it to adjust to no winters?  Not hard.  How difficult is it to be off everyday?? Not very hard.  In fact, I have been very busy since I arrived and still continue to be busy after a year.  I am still volunteering and some times do extra days if they are short staffed.  My sewing has been a lot of fun and have completed projects after projects.  Just check previous blogs.  Of course my Nail Art talent has improved tremendously and I am still in search of special tools to do my designs.  The tennis group (male players) that I started as a substitute has now become a weekly activity.  During the last game I played last week, I was recruited by another player (female) to be a substitute for the ladies league at a different tennis club.  As for my golf, I have been golfing three times a week because the group that adopted me last year have lost 2 golfers due to marriage - one drop off when he got married in the beginning of the year.  He is 80 years old and his wife does not want him golfing with younger woman.  The second player met someone and is very much in love and they are getting married in October.  Since the weather here is still pretty nice even during their so called winter months, we can still golf and play tennis throughout the whole year.   

Taken August 2010
Taken May 2011
Time sure flies by when you are having fun.  I am enjoying life but not abusing the system.  The decision to retire early was the best idea ever.  If you are able to do it, don't wait, do it soon and really enjoy the fruits of your labor while you can.  RETIREMENT ROCKS.

1 comment:

  1. Good god, who the heck would want to hit on an 80 year old man? When his wife means younger, does she mean 70 years old because no woman under the age of 70 in her right mind would go for an 80 year old man. No offence to anyone...

    ReplyDelete