Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Maybe Monday - More projects

It has been a busy weekend with a lot of cooking for Jeff's relative who were visiting and staying at his Mom's place.  They are still working on the shed in the backyard for my MIL.  I cooked dinner for them for Saturday and Sunday.  I am sorry that I forgot to take photos so I will just mention what I made.  Saturday menu was water chestnut wrapped in bacon and chicken lettuce wrap for appetizers.  For main dish I made the filipino noodle dish called pancit bihon while Jeff BBQ pork and chicken.  Then yesterday's menu was green salad with walnuts, cranberries, apples, beets and goat cheese.  For main dish I made my famous chicken pot pie and I tried making Manicotti with meat filling.  As a treat, I made Kahlua flavored creme caramel.  Jeff's relatives was very pleased with the dinner and very appreciative of the great meals.

Since my sewing machine was out again, I have a few more projects to complete and some new ones to start.  Here's what's on the table to be sewn.

Lady bug print apron for my MIL (Annette)
Two aprons for the cupcake girls ( I met at the luncheon for volunteers)
Wine and grape print apron for Robyn (my sister in law who lives in Indiana)
Living room drapes for Katrina (step daughter in law)
My apron - I finally found the fabric with my favorite colors)
My sister's dress (she mailed me the fabric and pattern for a dress)
Baby shoes (see below) - my daughter thought I should try making them.


Another busy week ahead for me and I still have to fit in to my schedule tennis, golf, hair appointment, doctor's appointment, concert at the park, shopping and baking.  Do you have your week pretty booked like mine?  Do you like to leave some days free just in case you get a better offer?  Before I forget, Happy Birthday to my special friend Russ!  May you have many more happy days ahead and more time spent on the your boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment