Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Simply Saturday - Another surprise visit from the past

This must be the year for reconnecting with friends.  We have had a few guests staying at our B&B but at the same time, I have seen friends when I went back to Canada.  Last Thursday, my friend Lito had organized a dinner at the Patio Filipino Restaurant located in San Bruno, CA.  It's a nice Filipino restaurant with great food and it's sort of the half way point between SFO and SJC.  I was really excited to hear that a friend of mine from elementary school was in the area for a few days.  She was in town with another friend from the same town we all grew up.  Can you believe that after 46 years, we would be dining and catching up with life's stories.  We talk about our family, our careers, the friends we've lost and of course other friends whereabouts. It was a great get together and they told me that there is a reunion scheduled in Las Vegas and maybe another one in Anaheim, CA.  What is amazing is that it felt like we were still back home except we are now older.  Our friend Lito seems to have all the connection and almost like a social convener, main contact and has all the dibs, stories, gossips and lots of jokes that kept us entertained during the evening.  After 3.5 hours we said our goodbyes, see you later, and keep in touch.  It is an amazing feeling to be able to see my childhood friends and be connected again.
Me and my friend Susan aka Chot.  We went to the same elementary school from Kindergarten to Grade 4.
Lito, me, Chot and Tessie aka Baby.  Lito is a year older and Baby is a year younger than Chot and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment