Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Timely Tuesday - Too Cute and too loving

Almost did not have anything for today's post but then I checked my camera and it reminded me that my step grandson Gamble had a sleepover with us during the weekend.  We picked him up on Friday and he went home on Saturday.  One of our usual routine was to take him for dinner at Carl's Jr. as he like the chicken stars and fries.  After dinner we thought we would check out the big tent that we thought was a fair or carnival, instead it was a circus and we just go there on time.  We ask Gamble if he want to see a circus and he asked if they dress up.  When we said yes, he said NO, I don't want to go.  I think maybe he did not like those clowns.  We took him to a mini golf and he was so excited because he had a Hole In One on two of the holes.  It was getting too late so we let him play one video game - he picked a car racing game.  We had to make a quick stop to pick up some groceries and we treated him with a Klondike bar.  He said,"I love you, Ola". As soon as we got him, it was shower time for him before going to bed.  It was very interesting that he would want me to help him instead of his Grampa.  There is no issue when it comes to going to bed, but of course it was getting late and we were sure he was pretty tired.

The next day he slept in and when he woke up, we went to the living room and just lay in the couch waiting for us to get up.  He never knocks on the bedroom door to wake us or call our names.  He just waited.  After breakfast, he was waiting for me to finish clean up and I told him to play his Cars Lego.  I promised him that we will take him to play tennis after my chores.
Gamble building the Lego and just patiently waiting, he's so cute.
We took him to the park where there is a tennis court.  We played with him first and then he sat and watch while Jeff and I played a set.  He sort of kept score but he knew when either one wins the point.  After the tennis game, he wanted to play at the park for a little bit.  It was a very hot day and he got very thirsty and we got very hungry.  This time we had lunch at Jack in the Box. 
Gamble wearing my Sleeman hat as we forgot to bring his hat. 
Before he got out of the car, he said again, "Ola, I love you".  I guess because I took time to play tennis with him and took him to lunch.  When it was time to go home, he gave me a big hug and a kiss.  I have to wait another two weeks before his next sleepover.  For him two weeks takes forever.  I remember one time he asked, "why do I only stay one night?  why can't I stay longer?". 

No comments:

Post a Comment