Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Timely Tuesday - Birthdays and more

A very special day for Jeff as it his special number birthday.  Since he did not want to have anything big like a celebration party or one night of drinking and partying, we had a quiet dinner for him at his mom's home last Sunday.  We might go out for dinner again to celebrate with another couple who happens to have the same birthday with Jeff.  I remembered to take photos.
My MIL made this chocolate cupcakes with nuts
Jeff's mom gave him these golf shirts
She also gave Jeff a couple of really nice hawaiian shirts
And this t-shirt
And another T-shirt
Can you believe that Jeff's mom kept this cutting board that Jeff made when he was in Grade 7.  I guess this was his project for his Wood Shop class.  Now I can understand why he is so good at home renovations.
My MIL also has kept this dust pan all these years.  This was Jeff's Grade 8 project for his Metal Shop class.  Jeff was only 13 when he made this.  His mom says that it is the best dust pan ever as it is really easy to sweep into.
At this time I would also like to wish a happy birthday to Gil who is Jeff's friend from work, as well as to Anjay of Oakville, Ontario.  Anjay is one of my son's best friend.  

Tonight, I will give Jeff my surprise birthday gift.  I got the idea from him 8 years ago when I turned 50. 

1 comment: