Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Soulful Sunday - Really Cool App - Sound Hound

Until last night, I did not know that my humming talent would be that good.  Well, actually it is not my humming talent but it is the brain behind SOUND HOUND.  While we were having dessert, my cousin asked what song was being played on the radio.  The station I was listening to is 96.3 Easy Rock - a station from Manila - through internet radio.  Anyway, my niece said, wait a minute and she turned on her Sound Hound.  But since the song was unfamiliar, probably because it was a filipino singer singing an english song but written by filipino artist.  So what is really cool about this APP is that you can actually hum the song and it would still recognize that song.  Here's the proof.
I hummed the song Open Arms by JOURNEY and also Soul Sister by TRAIN
And I thought SHAZAM was really great. But I love this SOUND HOUND because it recognizes my humming skills. 
What is funny is that the second song I hummed was Open Arms and the results came is as Journey and then a Korean Kareoke singer.

No comments:

Post a Comment