Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Soulful Sunday - Baby bibs versus older father or mother bibs

Sometime ago I featured some of the bibs that I made for Greenly (step granddaughter). This past week, my supervisor at the Senior Center where I volunteer asked me if I would have the time to sew a couple of bibs for her father.  Since I was looking for some new projects, I agreed to make it.  After completing two manly bibs, I decided to make another senior that comes in and have lunch at the center.  She is the only one that uses a bib because she does not want her clothes to get dirty just in case the food drops or drink spills.  Here's my completed project.
First one with a pretend tie.
Second one with a pretend bow tie and buttons,
Third one for Rosemary who comes for lunch at the Senior Center
The other side of the above reversible bib.
It's the circle of life.  You were them when you are a baby (small and short bibs) and then again when you get very old and lives in a nursing home (long bibs)If you have a relative that is currently in a nursing home and would like one of these bibs, please send me a comment and I will make a couple bibs for the.  I think I made some for my father at the request of my mother.  I know I did not make them for my mom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment