Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tension Thursday - Trimmings and Thread

Having read all those words, I am sure you know what I am talking about today.  If not, I can give you a bit more clue. It includes fabric, pattern and thread.  Yeah - SEWING.  That's right, today I will be sewing all day because I couldn't play tennis or golf.  Last Sunday, I made an apron for one of the ladies at the senior centre.  She was our supervisor and I wanted to thank her for giving me all those LUCKY stickers in order for me to collect the last small non stick frying pan that I wanted.  She wore it on Monday and I saw her again on Tuesday before my Spanish class and she was wearing it again.  She must love it then.  Yesterday, Annette and I stopped by at Beverley's Fabric store and there were some really great deals on fabric that I ended up buying a few so I can make aprons for everyone of the volunteers on Monday.  This means I would make 4 aprons in total.  Another project of mime will be making covers for our 3 appliances (blender, food processor and big mixer).  My cousin  had ordered 2 covers for their appliances - I think it's for their coffeemaker and blender - still need to go over to their house to measure.  Since I won't be able to take photos of these projects today, I will most likely post them tomorrow.  For now, I like to share more of the Loteria cards that I have done.  My teacher said I did a great job and he added more words to the list.  Now I have a total of 64 Spanish words and photos to make into tablets or Loteria cards. 
There is a lot more work for this homework, but I really think I can get it done before Tuesday.  All I need to do is do one of the above each day and maybe an extra day to do the 64 flash cards.  Now it's sewing time and I am so excited on all the projects I need to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment