Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Simply Saturday - Sharks and Rangers

Before I talk about the Sharks, let me just share how Friday babysitting Gamble turn out.  He was dropped off by his mom around 1100 am.  He brought some cars and a new toy (a kite) still in a package.  He wanted to go to the park and play with the kite but I did not know how to assemble it and Jeff was busy.  So I had to entertain him or should I say distract him from asking me to take him to the park and fly his new kite.  We started with a bit of laundry.  I asked him to help me put the clothes from the washer to the dryer.  He got so excited when he saw some small clothes that he has never seen before.  Well, when I went shopping on Thursday, I found at least 3 new clothes and had to wash it prior to letting him wear it.  The first set was the Mr. Muscle (from the little Mr. and little Miss group). It had a muscle shirt, a short and a regular short sleeve T-shirt. The other outfit is a baseball shirt - buttoned in front with a double 00 as his number.  It will looked really cute with a pair of jeans.  Once we finished that, we did some writing and reading from his Sponge Bob note book.  He completed 2 pages and I let him choose a couple of stickers to be placed on the pages as his reward.  When the items in the dryer were done, I placed the table cloth and he arranged all the placemats on the table and we had lunch.  As a treat, I let him have one of the mini Haagen Daz ice cream - chocolate - only 1/3 of it and the rest to be saved for after dinner.  He was fine with that.  For part of the afternoon I sort of took a nap while he played Angry Birds.  He was sort of watching golf as well but it was funny when Jeff came out of his room to check on us, I was asleep and Gamble was sitting beside me playing Angry Birds.  Great babysitter.

Tonight the Sharks are at home and playing against the Rangers.  Since moving to San Jose, we have been watching most of the games, although sometimes we have to record it because there's other shows we want to see.  As for their standings, I am sure you avid hockey fans know that the Sharks in #3 in the western conference and the Rangers in #8 in the eastern conference.  Prior to coming to Canada, I did not know anything about hockey.  When I lived in Yellowknife in the mid 70's there were not that many TV channels but there was hockey coverage almost if not every night.  I guess that's when I decided that I might as well learn about the sports and enjoy watching it.  My choice of teams have changed through the years.  It started with the Bruins and then the NY Islanders - this was the team that I had the chance of meeting in person at the Edmonton International Airport.  I approached Chico Resch - goalie for their team.  He was very friendly and called all his teammates and introduced me to all of them.  I've always wondered if I kept the piece of paper where they had autographed it - would it be worth anything now? From then it was the Nordics, Avalanche and now the Sharks.  I hope we get a chance to see them at the HP Pavillion before the playoffs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment