Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

First Friday - list of first at my age

After all the years living in Canada, visiting the USA and travelling to many different countries, yesterday was the first time I was asked if I was a CAREGIVER.  I did not want to say it, but I was profiled.  I took my mother in law for breakfast at Le Boulanger.  While waiting for our food , my mother in law got up to get something, a Filipina dressed in scrubs, asked me very quietly at first and I did not hear her.  So she approach a little closer and ask if I was a caregiver.  I responded with a smile - Oh No.  Yesterday, after tennis and golf, again with my mother in law, we decided to buy a uniform (Scrubs) for me so that the next time I take her for her appointments, groceries or any other errands, I will be in uniform to fit the profile of caregiver.  If my former coworker George would get a chance to read this, he would be laughing his head off - inside joke.  Here's what my new scrubs look like. 

Black pants and blouse scrubs
Another first for me is drinking CHAI LATTE.  While Percy was visiting us, we all went to Santana Row, we stopped by at a really nice coffee and treats shop.  I think it was called Cocola.  I did not want to drink coffee so I tried their Chat Latte.  I loved it.  So far I have tried it at Le Boulanger and at Peet's Coffee.  The one from Peet's is not as sweet.

If you recall those treats that I made for my tennis girlfriend, the DREAM BAR was a first.  I have never made it before.  When I saw the recipe at the back of the package, it sounded good but since there was no photo, I did not know how it will turn out, luckily, it was  really yummy and was sold with minutes.

On Tuesday night, it was my first time to use the BBQ.  I had to learn it step by step because I did not want to make a mistake and light myself on fire.  My teacher had the experience so the training went very well.  The chicken was tender and moist while the beef was cooked medium rare, exactly how I like it.

That's all for today, if I ever do another First, I am sure you will read it on my blog.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment