Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Simply Saturday - what weekend is all about

Last night we hosted our second poker night.  I made some Jamaican Jerk Wings, 2-bean chili  with corn and my dream bar for dessert.  There was  only 6 of us (4 guests). who played poker for at least 5 hours.  Everyone gets to deal and choose the type of poker that we would play.  Here are some of the names:  5 card draw, Omaha, High Chicago, Criss Cross, 7 card draw, pass the trash and my favorite NO PEEK (which we didn't play).  We start with $30.00 and you can buy in at anytime.  There is no ALL IN which is good because if you play conservatively, you can almost stay until the end.  Our ante is  $1.00 ,  When raising a bet, it only goes a max if 3 raises.  There are games when it's High/Low where you take a poker chip and if you cards high - you take two chips, low cards - one chip, and if you want to go either way - you take 3 chips.  So this is a split game but sometimes someone takes both high and low.  One of the guys won the most which was OK because he lost the other two times we played.  It was a fun night specially since the weather outside was stormy.  Thought I would share  what I made.
Dream Bars
My Chili
As I mentioned on my other post I will be posting the last apron that I made yesterday.  Maybe I should not say last because actually I still have not made my very own.  I found some more fabrics from my collection so I will most likely make a couple or more but after I come back from my holidays.
This weekend is calling for lots of rain, or storm, and winds which means  we will be staying  in.  Jeff and I have some projects that needs some attention.  I would probably work on my next project which will be covers for our small kitchen appliances (blender, mixer,  and food processor) at the same time make a couple for my cousin.  Another project I need to complete are the flash cards and bingo cards for our Spanish Class.  Although they have been partially done, I will need to do a bit more tweaking to make sure the sizes are all the same and the words have been corrected.  

No comments:

Post a Comment