Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Truthful Thursday - Happy and Fat

According to Jeff's grandmother from his father's side, when someone asks her how she is doing her response is usually "I am very happy and fat".  I guess sometimes when someone is very content and happy, they tend to forget about how important it is to be healthy and be at the right weight at a certain time of their life.  It would be a nicer response if I could say " I am truly happy, feeling great and kinda slim.  What does kinda slim truly mean?  I can use me as an example to explain this.  Although I know I am at least 20 pounds over weight for the type of body frame and my height, I consider myself kinda slim if I compare it to some women my age with my built.  My legs are probably the part that has the least fat.  Then my arms are second with a little bit of flabby fat under but I do have some definitions caused by the insulin that I inject on each side of my upper arm.  Now the middle part or the core part of my body is where I really need a lot of work.  The truth is I know I need to lose that 20 pounds and I have been trying but not enough.  It's like a yo-yo when it comes to the weight,  one week I will lose 1 or 2 pounds, then will gain it back and an additional 1 or 2 pounds. If only I can motivate myself to walk everyday,  but the truth is I find it boring and I don't do it.  The weather here is much warmer and it should not be an excuse to walk.  The truth is I'd rather play tennis everyday and golf three times a week.  As for dieting, unfortunately I cannot change too much of my meal plan because I am Diabetic.  If I cut down on portions, I tend to have low blood sugar.  I have gone back to measuring most of the food I eat to make sure I am still within the allowance for each meal.  The truth is I am happy and although I feel fat, I am just glad that even with all the health issues I have, I still feel pretty good that I can  play tennis for 2 hours, walk the golf course for 3 hours and do the Just Dance 3 on Wii for an hour.  But then again, I am retired and don't have the stress of working full time for the government.
The Happy Me

No comments:

Post a Comment