Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Simply Saturday - What a joy?

What are the simple things in life that brings joy?  The past week has been a busy but I manage to do simple things that brings so much joy to life.  After coming back from our mini get away, Jeff and I decided to play a bit of tennis because the weather was so nice.  It's really too bad that he still is not retired because we can only play when it's his day off or on weekends.  We have so much fun getting some exercise and being outdoors.  On Thursday was my day at the Salon to get those roots touch up.  My hairstylist was so great even doing the shampoo and rinse after as well as a little head massage.  He will be away for two weeks in April and he promised that his friend Paul from LA will be covering for him so I don't need to worry.  He knows how to take care of his clients.  After my hair appointment, I was debating if I should golf or not, but the weather got really warm and not a cloud in the blue sky.  Of course I had my clubs in the trunk so I opted to golf instead of shop.  It was a test of patience because I was tagged with a father with his 2 kids.  There were not so bad but towards the end they became those annoying kids.  Friday morning I met Bob, a tennis player that I met when Jeff and I were playing at one of the school courts.  We exchange numbers and finally got a hold of each other.  He was a better player than me which is great as I can practice returning harder shots and a variety of shots.  We rallied for an hour and I had a workout.  He is also retired and can play in the mornings and lives not too far from our home.  I look forward to more tennis with him.   Of course Friday afternoon is volunteer time at the library with my MIL.  We sorted, organized  and boxed books within 1.5 hours.  Both of us really enjoyed our time there, there is no boss, no wrong way to do things, and they appreciate each and every minute we spend there.  Since we did not have Gamble (our grandson) last night, we decided to accept the invitation of Jeff's friend to meet them for drinks at a local bar.  We don't go out very often so when we get the invite, we usually can make it and this time it's only 10 minutes from the house.  Hanging out with friends at the end of the week is a treat.

Have a great weekend and I hope that you have enjoyed the simple things in life that gives you joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment