Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Truthful Thursday - Breaking up is hard to do

When I started this post, I was going to blog about all the relationships (Hollywood) that are breaking up.  These are couples that have been together for a number of years and I was debating if I was going to include the one that only lasted 72 days.  Last night I opted to talk about the work that I did in our back yard.  Yes, for those of you who knows I don't like gardening, well, I was in our back yard for most of the morning.  My massage therapist cancelled my appointment due to her son's illness. As much as I was so looking forward to this, I had to understand her excuse because I too had little ones before that would require me to cancel an appointment, take a day off from work or whatever it is I am doing that day.  With that breaking the first time client was actually not good for business, right.  Well, I thought I would give her another chance.  Now I am wondering what I was going to do with my morning as now I am free.  It's too bad I said NO to tennis because I would have love to play again.  I looked out to our back yard and saw all the twigs that Jeff trimmed the other night.  During dinner I did ask him how I would go about doing this job so it can all go in the green bin and ready for Thursday garbage pick up.  He described the process and the tools I would require.  I decided to take photos to share so you know exactly what I am talking about.  I was determined to finish the job because I wanted to help out since Jeff has been working hard with the renovations.  An hour and a half , I completed the job and had a few more minutes before lunch, so I pulled out the weeds and dead plants in our flower box.  This breaking up is hard to do is all about breaking the twigs to the right size so it will fit the green bin. There were a lot of them and there was a lot of bending, sweating, a little back and knee pain but once I got every twig inside the bin, I was very proud of what I have accomplished.  The one important thing I learned from this process, I am glad I am not a gardener, a tree trimmer, or a ranch hand.  I don't believe I would have survived a job that required a lot of physical labor.  To those of you whose jobs require a lot of physical labor, I salute you and respect all that you do.
I used the longer wooden handle
This is the other half that still needs to be cut in order to fit the bin.
The green bin that I had to lay on its side - easier to organize the trimmed twigs.

1 comment:

  1. That was not so bad, little exercise here and there and all of a sudden, you have accomplished something. Nest, it will be planting and making sure the plants survive. It will make your yard so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete