Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

FMTY Friday - From me to you

Every Friday now will be called FMTY - From me to you. This will be my post that will feature friends and family that I have reconnected.  Of course this will change as I ran out of stories to share.  I hope that my memory can remember most of the stories on the connection with each one of them.  If you are wondering where this idea came about, it all began from an email I received last night and then a telephone call I receive the following day.

From me to you spotlight is my first cousin on my father's side of the family.  Her nickname is Nodie.  Of course she uses her nickname, all of us have nicknames and majority of our friends does not really know our legal name.  So yesterday I got an email from her and it has been at least 30 years since the last time we reconnected.  She is the daughter of my dad's youngest sister.  When we were young I remember spending some of my summer vacation with her family.  Her mother was a very awesome seamstress.  I think I've learned some of the tricks of the trade from her.  She showed me how to make my own pattern in order to make clothes that are made to fit me.  That's right, I use to make my own dress, skirt, blouse, and even tailored pants.  My cousin wrote me a very nice and up to date email and hopefully we can keep communicating and does not lose touch.  I found out that one of my other cousin, Lani who is the only daughter of my dad's older sister now resides in Australia.  Wow, I have a relative from the land down under.  What was interesting is how Nodie found me.  Here's the process she took.  There's my next door neighbor from childhood who also use to live in California but now is back in his homeland.  My cousin found him on Facebook and they reconnected.  She asked about me and it so happen my childhood friend Victor had my email.  He gave it to my cousin after a few exchange of information.  I am very impressed that she still remember some of our childhood friends.  As I recall Nodie also spent some of her summer vacation with us and that how she knows our friends in the small town of Muntinlupa.  It's funny that now that I live in the USA, I seem to get reconnected with some of our childhood friends.  I had lived in Canada for almost half of my life and there was only a few reconnections.  In a way I'm happy to reconnect with all of them after all these years. It is amazing how some of them can recall names and stories and the majority says that I have never changed - that I look the same and sound the same.  So from me to you my cousins and my friends, thank you for reaching out and I look forward to more reconnection with others this year.

Maybe someday my husband and I will get a chance to see this beautiful country, Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment